AESTHETICS OF RUKMINI DEVI-2 by Lakshmi Krishnamurthy -
This is a continuation of the previous article February 2022.
She was often criticised for having sanskritised the Barathanatyam, or being very Brahminical in her outlook etc. Nothing could be far from it as could be seen from the following observations.
- Morning Prayer vibrates with religious tolerance and extends to appreciation of nature and the pancha bhutas.
- Students and teachers from all walks of life both male and female, are accepted in Kalakshetra foundation — only requirement being sensitivity and commitment to Fine Arts
- Her shift from solo presentations to dance dramas facilitated more participants, paving way for reaching out to more people, making everyone feel part of the Great Temple
- Removing the veil between the teacher and the taught by allowing them to learn nattuvangam precipitated wholesomeness in performance.
- Her choice of themes was as different as could be dynamic and exploded into such perfect productions, creating a vibrant, Kalakshetra style.
read more on https://laksquare.com/article1_3-22.html